SEACREST WOLF PRESERVE IS A UNIQUE EDUCATIONAL WILDLIFE FACILITY BASED ON SCIENCE WHOSE PURPOSE IS TO PROMOTE WOLF AND WILDLIFE CONSERVATION THROUGH EDUCATION.
The experience that visitors will receive at Seacrest includes detailed scientific research information about this amazing keystone species as they enter the world of the wolf and sit near them.
Visitors have four choices to experience our rare wolf encounter opportunities..
1. SATURDAY TOUR The Saturday Wolf encounter tour is an educational tour based on science and is open to the general public. This tour offers all visitors the rare opportunity to enter the wolf habitats together to learn about the wolves up close and personal. Visitors begin the tour in the first enclosure by sitting on logs or on the ground while trained volunteers encourage the Seacrest wolf ambassadors to interact with the visitors so that all participants have the rare opportunity to touch a wolf. After tour participants have been introduced to the Seacrest ambassador wolves, and have had a brief visit with them, the tour continues by walking through their natural habitat home as the wolves follow. Along the way, the tour pauses in various areas while the tour guide shares interesting facts about who wolves are and participants are given the opportunity to ask questions. Visitors will join in an exciting wolf howl with the various Seacrest wolf packs while in their enclosures. The tour includes three different wolf habitat areas that are home to Grey and Arctic wolves and ends at the Small Animal Adventure. There visitors cuddle with skunks, interact with foxes and feed the raccoons. Along the way visitors will be given one of the rarest opportunities in the world to pose for photos with the Seacrest wolf ambassadors that are taken with non-digital disposable cameras that are brought by the visitors or are purchased in the Seacrest Gift Shop. Since Seacrest Wolf Preserve is a fully fledged 501(c)3 non-profit organization, and the tour fees are one of the main income sources to support Seacrest Wolf Preserve and its work of preservation through education, ALL individuals who wish to join the Saturday tour are welcomed. The number of individuals on any given Saturday tour may range from 50-100 people or more. This walking tour offers all individuals the same opportunity to visit a wolf's home and to be near a wolf with no fences. Since Seacrest Wolf Preserve is an educational facility, the tours are very involved, beginning at 1:00PM CENTRAL STANDARD TIME and ending around 4:30PM. On Saturdays the gates open at 11:00am Central Standard Time and all participants who have reservations must arrive no later than 12:00 CST to sign in. Seacrest offers a great concessions on Saturdays that offers a variety of favorite food and beverages. There is also a picnic area available.The tours start promptly at 1pm. There is a restroom break offered and concessions available for warm/hot drinks during winter and cool drinks during summer months. Participants may exit the tour at any time and will be escorted out by one of the volunteers. If individuals wish, they may choose one of the other tour options. Please scroll down for pricing and further information. TOUR PRICES ARE DISCOUNTED TO LOWEST LEVEL POSSIBLE SO THAT INDIVIDUALS FROM ALL LEVELS OF INCOME WILL BE EMPOWERED TO EXPERIENCE THIS RARE OPPORTUNITY.
2. VIP TOUR This tour experience is open to 1-10 people in a private group. The wolf preserve is closed to all other activity and VIP visitors are in with the wolves up close and personal. This tour is structured to provide participants with the ultimate once in a lifetime experience of private time with wolves. The Seacrest photographer is present to capture the experience of wolf interaction for the VIP tour participants using the participants own digital camera that can be shared by all as part of the VIP tour package. The VIP tour offers the highest level of wolf human interaction and is very popular. VIP tours are booked Monday-Friday at 10 AM (central time) or 1:00 Pm (central time) as available. A non-refundable deposit is required to reserve the date. Please scroll down for pricing and further information.
3. Group/Field Trip Tours These tours are available Monday-Friday and require a minimum of 35 people and up. The structure of these tours are similar to the Saturday tour and can be customized to fit the window of time that is available for the group or School. This tour offers exciting and rare opportunities with wolves as well for all participants and includes the small animal adventure. Please note tour prices for Ages 12 & up are $25 per person. Tours in this age range that fall short of the 35 participants may be booked for a flat fee of $875. Tour prices for Ages 6-11 are $15 per child and $25 per person for Adult Chaperons. Tours in this age (6-11) bracket that fall short of the 35 participants required, MUST CONTACT the wolf preserve for pricing information.
Please scroll down for important information required to finalize your booking/reservation.
4. Special Event Tours Special Event tours are offered to Nature Guides and Special Interest Tour Coordinators for workshops that target unique studies with wolves. Take Note that Seacrest does not offer these workshops, but the wolf preserve, the Seacrest Wolf Preserve ambassadors and tour guides are made available to individuals that specialize in these types of workshops with wolves. A special interest tour is structured to offer participants opportunities to target specific goals of study and interest with unique situations created and special time given with the wolves to accomplish specific goals relative to the event. These types of tours empower participants to interact on a deep emotional and spiritual level with the wolves as they work through the steps required to accomplish their goals that have been assigned by the Nature Guide or Special Interest Tour Coordinator. Seacrest Wolf handlers and volunteers are always present to empower this process. Examples of Special Interest Tours are: Healing Journeys With Wolves, Animal/Wolf Behavior, Animal/Wolf Communication, etc. Individuals wishing to book a Special Event/Workshop Tour must contact the wolf preserve at 850-773-2897 for pricing information and dates available.
All tour bookings & reservations are finalized by calling the preserve at 850-773-2897.
Saturday Tours: Gates open at 11:00AM Central Time, tour begins at 1:00 pm Central Time.
Visitors do not have to arrive at 11:00AM but should arrive no later than 12:00PM to sign in and prepare for tour.
THE STRICT DRESS CODE MUST BE ADHERED TO OR VISITORS WILL NOT BE ADMITTED.
SUMMER MONTHS NO SHORTS, TANK TOPS, SANDALS, FLIP FLOPS, OPEN TOED SHOES OR JEWLERY (earrings, necklaces, bracelets).
The appropriate attire for the Summer Months is, LONG PANTS (slacks or jeans), SHORT SLEEVED T-SHIRTS, TENNIS SHOES.
WINTER MONTHS NO LEATHER, RAWHIDE, SWEDE, FURRY, FUZZY TYPE SHOES, GARMENTS OR JEWLERY (earrings, necklaces or bracelets).
The appropriate attire for the Winter Months is, LONG PANTS (slacks or jeans), LONG SLEEVED T-SHIRTS, SWEAT SHIRTS OR HOODIES. Visitors need to wear rustic clothing appropriate for the outdoor activities based on nature and the wolves.
The dress codes are in place for your comfort and protection and as well as the safety and well-being of the wolves. Dress as you would for a hike in the woods, as that is exactly what you will be doing. Thank you and see you there!
WOLF ENCOUNTER TOURS
Seacrest Wolf Preserve, Inc. where wolves and humans connect in nature! We offer the rarest opportunity in the lower 48 states, Alaska, or Canada, to experience wolves up close and personal. This unforgettable adventure takes visitors on walking tours through large 2 & 3 acre natural habitats that are home to Grey, Arctic, and British Columbian wolves. Visitors become part of the pack as they have exciting hands on interaction with the wolves and join in the great wolf howl. As visitors pose by the wolf den with the wolves, they are offered an extraordinary opportunity for photos with pure wolves. This amazing tour includes valuable scientific information about the wolves, and humorous and moving stories of the wolf families that call Seacrest home. Along the way, visitors are sure to have their hearts stolen by one of the Seacrest wolves that they encounter. The tour provides participants with knee issues rustic logs to sit on and includes a break mid-way through the tour for restrooms and concessions. The Seacrest gift shop offers fun shopping opportunities for all things "Wolfy" including unique wildlife and Native American jewelry, clothing, hats, wolf collectibles and much more. Wolf Encounter Tours last approximately 4 hours. IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING the Wolf Encounters, Seacrest offers a SMALL ANIMAL ADVENTURE for all ages. Participants become acquainted and take photos with the beautiful and adorable Arctic Fox ambassadors Frosty & Sitka and are amused as they run in and out of their den. Lucy loves to share her hidden toys with the visitors in her enclosure while her friend Onyx, the Silver Fox, watches nearby. Feeding the hillarious Raccoons Cricket & Crackers is a hit with all ages. Hugging and cuddling with the Skunks Sparkle, Buttercup & Clover will have hearts soaring. The stunning Gray Fox Meko steals hearts as he sits in their lap and occasional kisses. Visitors have fun with Pecos the coyote as they observe him playing in his habitat.
Seacrest offers great concessions : Hamburgers, hot dogs, and numerous food items plus water, seasonal hot beverages, tea & soda. A great picnic area is available to all who wish to picnic as well.
Gift Certificates are available at the gift shop and include all activities that Seacrest offers. If there was a particular wolf who touched your heart you can buy an 8x10 photo, a bundle of its fur, or you might decide to become a sponsor.
Exciting Wolf Encounter Tours Year Round
Join us for an exciting wolf encounter tour for the general public every Saturday year round. The Saturday Tour is the only general public tour each week. Group tours and field trips can be scheduled for parties of 35 or more during the week (Monday through Friday). VIP tours are available during the week (Monday through Friday). No tours are scheduled on Sundays.
TOURS ARE BY APPOINTMENT ONLY! YOU MUST CALL THE PRESERVE AT 850-773-2897 TO MAKE AND FINALIZE YOUR RESERVATION FOR A SATURDAY TOUR, OR FOR A WEEKDAY GROUP TOUR OR FIELD TRIP OR A VIP TOUR.
Saturday Tour Times
Saturday Tours: Gates open at 11:00AM Central Time, tour begins at 1:00 pm Central Time.
Visitors do not have to arrive at 11:00AM (central time) but should arrive no later than 12:00PM (central time) to sign in and prepare for tour.
Cost for Wolf Encounter Tours & Small Animal Adventure
Adults (12 years old and up) - $25.00
Youths (ages 6-11years old) - $15.00
Cost for Small Animal Adventure when booked independently
$10.00 for all ages
$400 for the first 2 people, $75 a person thereafter up to 10 people. 2 PEOPLE MINIMUM REQUIREMENT FOR VIP TOUR OR $400 FOR ONE PERSON
There is a $200 non-refundable deposit required at the time of booking (Visa, MasterCard Discover & American Express).
The VIP tour includes you &/or your group, the tour guide and the Seacrest photographer who takes photos with YOUR camera . This adventure lasts up to 2 hours and includes photos that are taken by the Seacrest photographer of you and your group throughout the entire tour with the camera of your choice that you have brought. The tour journeys through three different habitats that are home to Grey and Arctic wolves where you &/or your group have a rare hands on, exciting adventure with some of the most beautiful charming wolf ambassadors on the planet. At the end of the encounter the pictures are presented on a thumb drive to be shared with all. Individuals may purchase additional thumb drives if they wish. The VIP tour offers the highest level of wolf human interaction and is very popular. VIP tours are booked Monday-Friday at 10 AM (central time) or 1:00 Pm (central time) as available. No one under the age of 6 is permitted.
GROUP TOUR & FIELD TRIPS
Less than 35 people a flat rate of $875 will be charged
35 or more people $25 AGES 12 & UP per person, $15 AGES 6-11 per person
YOU MUST CONTACT THE PRESERVE AT 850-773-2897 TO BOOK YOUR GROUP TOUR OR FIELD TRIP
NO ONE UNDER THE AGE OF 6 INSIDE THE WOLF ENCLOSURES
The Wolf Encounter tour includes three wolf enclosures that are the home to three wolf families. While you may bring your children under 6 to see the wolves through the fence, we are unable to permit ANY ONE UNDER THE AGE OF 6 inside the enclosures for the tour. All ages may experience the wonderful Small Animal Adventure that follows the Wolf Encounter Tour.
Tour Information and Guidelines
When booking your spot on a Saturday tour, or scheduling a group tour or field trip (must be 35 or more people or less than 35 people flat rate of $875) on a weekday, please call (850) 773-2897 with the following information:
Number of people in your party
If you get the answering machine, please leave your name, a day time and evening phone # where you can be reached, and a brief message. Please allow a few days for your call to be returned. The owners and volunteers are outside a good part of the day and evening doing the necessary work to run Seacrest Wolf Preserve. Your call is very important to us. Wayne and Cynthia will return your call as soon as possible.
Please keep the following in mind:
- For your comfort, please don't wear anything you don't want to get dirty as you will be sitting on the ground with the wolves. For your protection and comfort, you must wear long pants and closed-toe shoes. NO SHORTS, NO SANDALS, NO FLIP-FLOPS.
- ONLY DISPOSABLE, NON-DIGITAL CAMERAS INSIDE THE WOLF ENCOUNTER TOUR!!! NO Digital Cameras or Cell Phones allowed inside the wolf enclosures! ALL RULES STRICTLY ENFORCED! There is a separate photography fee for those interested in photographing the wolves. Please see the Photography page for details.
- Seacrest has a pavilion and several picnic tables if you would like to bring a picnic lunch. Seacrest offers cold drinks for $1.00 each, or bring your own cooler with drinks of your choice (no alcohol permitted).
Preserve Information and Directions
View Larger Map
Seacrest Wolf Preserve
3449 Bonnett Pond Rd.
Chipley, FL, 32428
Time Zone - Central, set your clocks accordingly!
Air Travel - The two nearest airports are Panama City, FL (PFN), and Dothan AL, (DHN), which are approximately 1 hour from the preserve.
Also nearby are Tallahassee, FL (TLH), Okaloosa Regional Airport (VPS), and Pensacola, FL (PNS), each approximately 1 hour 45 minutes from the preserve.
Lodging - Approximately 8 miles from the preserve is Chipley, FL, where there are a number of hotels and restaurants.
Comfort Inn - 1140 Motel Drive, Chipley, FL - (850) 415-1111
Holiday Inn Express - (850) 638-3996
Days Inn - (850) 415-6484
Super 8 Motel - (850) 638-8530
You can also camp at the preserve for a nightly fee, contact Seacrest for details. Gift Certificates are available.
Other Things to Do Nearby - Falling Waters State Park and Florida Caverns State Park are relatively nearby. About two hours away is the St. George Island area, with great scenic beaches, and lots to do. There are also many other parks and attractions within an hour of the area.
SEACREST WOLF PRESERVE IS A 501(C)3 NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION
"KEEPING THE WILD ALIVE"
Are you aware of the fact that Seacrest is on Facebook? Seacrest Wolf Preserve Inc. is the official page. We love hearing from you - about your experiences at Seacrest, and news about wolves in the world. Please friend us and tag us in your photo albums. One of the things that keeps us going on those COLD winter and HOT summer days is knowing that we are providing the best possible experience for our visitors while educating them about this vital and valuable keystone species. Seeing your photos not only makes us happy but it also gives others incentive, who have not been yet, to come and have the Seacrest experience themselves!
However, there are other Facebook pages out there with the name Seacrest Wolf Preserve, including a "Friends of Seacrest Wolf Preserve" - that are "liked" and even have Seacrest wolf pictures posted. But, there is only ONE authentic Seacrest Wolf Preserve Facebook site, and it has Inc on the end for incorporated. It is managed by administrators that are appointed and directed by the Seacrest Wolf Preserve owners.
While we love and hope to hear from you on Facebook, for accurate and expedient answers to your questions about
contacting or visiting Seacrest, please call the preserve at 850-773-2897, or email the preserve at firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE OAKS FARM Camping Rules
- Children are to be with their adults at all times.
- Do not run while visiting Seacrest.
- Do not put your hands through the fence unless otherwise instructed to do so by your guide/host.
- Do not attempt to approach the animal enclosures unless accompanied by your guide/host.
- Do not throw anything over the fences or harass the animals in any way.
- No climbing on fences.
- Non-digital disposable cameras only! No digital cameras, recording devices, or cell phones will be allowed to record the wolves through the fences or while inside the wolf enclosures. No exceptions. Any violation of this rule will result in eviction from this event and the property without refund.
- Dogs are to be leashed or contained at all times and picked up after. No pets allowed into any Seacrest enclosures.
- A designated smoking area has been provided for your comfort.
- No open containers of alcohol permitted.
- No unlawful conduct while on these premises.
- Do not enter restricted areas without a Seacrest guide. No trespassing on private property.
- Dispose of all trash appropriately in the receptacles provided.
- Quiet hours are 10:30 pm to 8:00 am.
Come visit with our small animals! Meet Frosty, Sitka, and Lucy, the Arctic foxes; Miko the Gray fox and Onyx the silver fox, Cricket and Crackers, the raccoons, and the skunks Buttercup ,Clover, Poppy ,Flower and Pecos, the intelligent Coyote.
Connect with Nature, Enjoy Camping at the Oaks Farm, home of Seacrest Wolf Preserve.
Primitive tent camping:
$20.00 per tent per night. No electricity.
$25.00 per vehicle per night with electrical hook-up.
Seacrest has bathroom facilities with showers on the grounds.
Gift Certificates are available.
Thank you! Seacrest Wolf Preserve